Posted by admin123
on Oct 15, 2013 in Uncategorized
| 11 comments
Moviestarplanet is a fun online environment where kids can create characters and interact with other players through chat. This open community can cause some safety concerns for both players and parents. I’ve been contacted by players who have had their accounts hacked and parents who are concerned about their child’s safety. Here I’ll cover some safety tips for both players and parents.
MSP Safety Tips
By following some basic safety tips, you’ll be able to keep your Moviestarplanet account safe from hackers. Just follow the guides below and you can protect yourself from many of the dangers on MSP.
Safety Tips for Moviestarplanet Players
- Never share your password with ANYONE. Don’t even tell your friends because you never know what could happen.
- If someone tells you they’ll give you starcoins or free VIP in return for your password, they are trying to scam you! Don’t fall for their tricks.
- Never reveal any personal information like your name, address, age, email, phone number, or even where you go to school.
- Create a username that is appropriate. Do not use your real name in your username!
- If anyone asks you for any personal information, do not give it to them.
- If a player continues to bother you for any reason, report them and they will be blocked from contacting you.
- Beware of players impersonating Moviestarplanet staff members or moderators. If the player is actually a moderator, you’ll see a moderator badge on their profile.
- Learn how to use the reporting/blocking feature. If a player is causing you problems, go to their profile and click on this symbol.
Then you’ll be able to report or block the player. If the person is just being annoying or bothering you, block them and they wont be able to contact you anymore. If they are doing something more serious like trying to scam people, click the report button to report them to the moderators.
Safety Tips for Parents of MSP Players
Moviestarplanet can be a fun environment for your kids to interact with their friends and other players online. It can also be dangerous if your child is not properly educated on how to be safe online. It is up to you to inform your children how to stay safe while playing online. Here are some tips to keep your kids safe on MSP.
- Have a talk with your kids about being safe online. Be sure they know not to give out any personal information and explain to them why they shouldn’t do this.
- Explain to your kids that not everyone on MSP is a good person and some players are out to scam them. Tell them if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Make sure they create a strong password and keep it safe, not telling anyone.
- Teach them how to use the reporting/blocking system on Moviestarplanet. This is one of the best tools in the game for keeping them safe.
- Familiarize yourself with MSP and how to navigate certain areas of the game. The chat and messaging systems are the areas of most concern. Check up on who your child has been talking to and the content of their conversations. Here is a snapshot of the private messaging system:
There are also various chat rooms where players can interact with each other. Unlike the private messaging, chat room messages are not stored for long periods of time.
- Remember, no safety feature is better than your own supervision and monitoring. It’s up to you to keep your kids safe online.